If one of you says to them, "Go in peace; keep warm and well fed", but does nothing...
...faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
James 2:16-17 NIV
Words are important.
They can bring healing and life.
But
In this case they are the barrier. They're a barrier that has kept someone at arm's length.
Sometimes I say those words out loud, and sometimes just in my head.
"Someone else can do that"
"Isn't that their job"
"That could get disruptive"
"Inconvenient"
*shrugs shoulders*
I have new neighbors.
"I'll go meet them when I have more time.
Probably doesn't suit them now"
My nice words in my head created a barrier.
What does James nudge us to?
Action
Deeds
Step towards.
Faith in action steps towards.
Love does not put up barriers.
Love steps towards.
Is there someone on your heart you need to step towards?
#james
#james2
#Godsgym
#steptowards
#faithinaction
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment