After John was put in prison, Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God.
Mark 1:14 NIV
I guess we could say something clever about this;
like John we need to get out of the way and let Jesus speak.
"Clear the stage and let Jesus speak" - buy the book and the journal
But.
John actually went to prison.
Jesus #1 guy.
He had baptised Jesus, had been pointing people towards Jesus, did all the right things.
And went to prison.
Mark doesn't tell us why. It just was in his understated way.
Jesus was preaching about the kingdom, freedom, life.
And John was in jail.
Even the best of God's people have trouble, hardship, suffering.
The good news of the Kingdom is being proclaimed. Jesus is active in the world
And at the same time, there is suffering.
At the same time.
Is that how I would run the world? I don't know. Probably good that's not an option.
But I do know that somehow this is part of God's Big Story and I can choose to trust Him, or not.
When trusting seems hard, the alternative is way worse.
#gospelofMark
#upsidedownkingdom
#choose
#trust
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment