At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan.
Just as Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove.
And a voice came from heaven:
"You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased."
Mark 1:9-11 NIV
Jesus walked down to the river just like we would.
Participated in the ordinary just like us.
And then heaven was torn open and broke through and the ordinary and the Divine come together, jammed together.
And we're invited in our ordinary bodies to participate, to allow a little of heaven to break in...may that be ours today.
If we believe, we are in Christ, children of God, then these words of God accrue to us as well...we might feel unworthy, undeserving, ordinary...but heaven breaks through :)
"You are my child.
Who I love"
#dearlyloved
#childrenofGod
#sunday
#worship
#thisisourGod
#gospelofmark
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment