Friday! Proverbs!
An evildoer listens closely to wicked lips;
And a liar pays attention to a destructive and malicious tongue.
Proverbs 17:4 AMP
Sounds nasty.
Until I realise that I'm a liar at times, and while I try not to be an evil doer, that's me too.
So what then am I listening to?
Sometimes it's the voice of the culture telling me what I should or shouldn't be, and sometimes it's my self-talk.
The words that rumble around inside me...that sometimes are simply not true.
They can be destructive, and malicious.
And so I have to go back to what our God says:
Ps 18 He delights in me.
Rom 8 free from condemnation
John 15 chosen
Eph 5 dearly loved child of God
There's a long list!
What am I listening to?
We get to choose, maybe not what we "hear" but what we listen to, what we dwell on, and definitely what we hold to be true.
In this I'm going to trust what God has to say today.
#chosen
#dearlyloved
#childrenofGod
#redeemed
#purified
#proverbs
#wisdom
#somethingtochewon
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment