Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.
James 1:27 ESV
Yesterday some food dropped on my shirt, and if I'd done nothing, it would have stained it.
We are going to get the mess and dirt of this world on us and in us.
I noticed this stain.
But how observant am I about the stains of the world?
Sometimes I see them, and sometimes I need others to point them out, and sometimes they become clear in the light of God's Word.
But I need to be observant.
And I need to take action.
Otherwise I will get stained.
A change in attitude, thinking, action. Confession, forgiveness.
Choices.
I am forgiven.
At the Cross, Jesus was permanently stained so I wouldn't be.
He took on Himself all the pollution.
But we still live in this not yet restored world, in this not yet renewed body.
As we work with God on His restoration project, be on the lookout for staining, and take action
#james
#james1
#dangerdanger
#observeandtakeaction
#onedayallwillbemadenew
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment