John wore clothing made of camel's hair, with a leather belt around his waist, and he ate locusts and wild honey.
And this was his message:
"After me comes the one more powerful than I, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie."
Mark 1:6-7 NIV
I've never heard of the John the Baptist diet...sounds like a winner!
I wonder why Mark describes him like this?
We usually describe a face, height, ethnicity...but he went with clothing and diet!
I guess he wanted to accentuate the differences. Highlight them.
John's not the usual guru
He's different.
Don't mistake him for someone who claims to be the Messiah
He's different
His message is different
There's one coming who is the real deal - make no mistake about that...
#itsoktobedifferent
#youarenotwhatyoueat
#Jesusatthecentre
#gospelofmark
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment