Friday! Proverbs!
A man of crooked heart does not discover good, and one with a dishonest tongue falls into calamity.
Proverbs 17:20 ESV
So not much fun to be had here is there...but a reminder of the importance of what we think, our values, the values of our hearts.
If our hearts are crooked, then we're just not going to see the good in situations, or in people.
It may be a minor adjustment like a crooked picture on the wall needs straightening.
Or it maybe a major realignment.
If I'm like the picture on the wall I can't tell if I'm crooked.
So I need someone else to point it out, someone from a different perspective, and the best person to do that is God. He straightens my crooked heart with the truth of his Word.
As James has been telling us, that happens in the reading of the Word, the hearing it, and also in the living it out. That's when our frame is straightened...
#proverbs
#wisdom
#somethingtochewon
#perspective
#allowGodswordtostraightenme
#liveitout
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment