Skip to main content
For the  one who wants to love life and to see good days,
let him keep his tongue from evil
and his lips from speaking deceit,
and let him turn away   from evil
and do what is good.
Let him seek peace
and pursue it,
because the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous  and his ears are open to their prayer.
But the face of the Lord is against  those who do what is evil.
1 Peter 3:10-12 CSB
This life of love and humility that is the family business we are inheriting, the walking in the light, Peter gives  another view to his readers who would've known this song he is quoting from - Psalm 34.
This Psalm tells us that what we say is important (it comes from the heart)
What we look at is important (shows our heart orientation)
What we do and what we seek is important (it shows our love for God and for people)
Peter gives another view, to make sure we get it. 
Get what's important.
This life of love and humility that we are called to, living before the face of God, it matters, and it matters how we live it. 
#choose
#speaklife
#turnfrom
#seekpeace
#dogood
#loveGod
#lovepeople
#thefamilybusiness

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Genesis 15.8-18.ESV But he said O Lord God , how am I to know that I shall possess it? ...When the sun had gone down and it was dark, behold, a smoking fire pot and a flaming torch passed between these pieces. On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram... March 15 was the last day we looked at Abram's story...he was questioning God and this is God's response...sacrifices and smoke and fire and a covenant...a promise... Isn't that what we crave for sometimes? God, if only you'd just show me smoke & fire, a burning bush a sign, miracle, healing...then all my questions would disappear...all my doubts would be gone... 2moro we'll see Abram's response but I think God values our faith in spite of our questions and doubts. That we choose Him anyway #faith
Psalm 42.1-11.nlt As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God... I thirst for God, the living God. When can I go and stand before him? O God my rock l cry, Why have you forgotten me? Why must I wander around in grief, oppressed by my enemies? Their taunts break my bones. They scoff, Where is this God of yours? Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again - my Savior and my God! That song "as the deer pants for the water..." seems almost nice, but it's not...it's part of a cry of anguish, of hurt, of despair...of God not giving an answer...yet...through all that...again and again he says I'll put my hope in God! #choose #hope #hopeunshaken