Friday! Proverbs!
When a wicked man comes,
contempt also does,
and along with dishonor,
disgrace.
Proverbs 18:3 HCSB
We saw this lived out in an extreme way 2 weeks ago in Christchurch.
The wicked, the man with evil intent brought his contempt for a group of people he did not know and took extreme action.
"Them"
When I look in my heart I have the shadow of the same thing. Contempt for people I don't even know.
I lump them together.
Them.
Scroll through the news headlines & so many of them seem designed to evoke disgrace.
Shame.
And we click on them.
These ancient proverbs get in and dig around in my heart...
I too am the wicked man.
I too have dishonoured.
Where does that leave me?
In need of a saviour.
Jesus took on my wickedness,
the evil in my heart,
took on my shame,
and bore it on the cross.
That's love.
He didn't have to, and now I get to live on the other side of that redemption.
What a place to be!
And one day, the final shadow of evil and shame will be gone in the Light
#proverbs
#wisdom
#somethingtochewon
#redeemed
#rescued
#loved
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment