But the man went and spread the word, proclaiming to everyone what had happened. As a result, large crowds soon surrounded Jesus, and he couldn't publicly enter a town anywhere. He had to stay out in the secluded places, but people from everywhere kept coming to him.
Mark 1:45 LT
It seems that this is not what Jesus wanted. People flocking to him because they'd heard about a miraculous healing.
The latest celebrity pastor.
The person who could fix their immediate problems.
Isn't that often our way...here's the latest, shiniest, brightest idea or person, and I'm inclined to at the very least be curious...
But the Kingdom is an upside-down one. It's leader washed his team's feet. Literally.
And not as a marketing gimmick
He had no house, no car, almost no possessions.
Died in shame
Despised
Rejected
Alone
This is who we follow. Someone acquainted with grief.
When I get tempted by the next big thing, the big job, the kudos, I think again of the One who I am trying to follow...
#upsidedownkingdom
#loveGod
#lovepeople
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment