A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.
Proverbs 18:2 ESV
If we flip this do we find wisdom?
Try a rewrite of this Proverb:
"The wise are not concerned about expressing their opinion, but love to understand others"
Try your own rewrite :)
The problem is that I like my opinions, and I'm quite keen that you know about them too.
But if the way of love is to understand others I need to park my opinions, and choose to seek to understand.
Next time something comes up and my opinion is going to flow, I'm going to try this:
"Help me understand why you think that"
"Tell me more about your views"
And I'm going to choose to be interested.
To listen without my opinion getting in the way
To make loving someone more important than my opinion...
#rewriteaproverb
#liveitout
#easiersaidthandone
#lovepeople
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment