Some Pharisees and teachers of religious law now arrived from Jerusalem to see Jesus. They asked him,
"Why do your disciples disobey our age-old tradition? For they ignore our tradition of ceremonial hand washing before they eat."
Matthew 15:1-2 NLT
Why don't we sing the old hymns any more?
Why is the... where is my... why doesn't the pastor wear shoes / a tie / loosen up a bit...
It's easy to be critical of the Pharisees... but sometimes I see me in them.
They were not only caught up in something minor, but had missed or lost the heart of why it was important...
We usually pray before we eat at my house.
What if the disciples were there and just start eating?
You can't do that?
Or have I lost sight of why we bless our food & are thankful for it...has it just become an "age old tradition"...
Being a bit of a Pharisee is too easy...
#somethingtochewon
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment