Peter replied to Him,
"Lord, if it is [really] You, command me to come to You on the water."
He said, "Come!"
So Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water...
Matthew 14:28-29 AMP
To me, this incident has always been about Peter jumping out of the boat & walking on the water in his own power somehow...
But it seems like another example of our desire to put God in a box, to have him do what we want, to show that we're at the centre of the story... show us a sign, right now would be good thanks.
Pete had been with Jesus when he healed people, just been there when 5,000+ people had been fed with a few loaves - but he still wanted more - his own private miracle.
God just fix this now.
If you're really there.
Then I'll be sure.
In that moment, God intervened for Peter.
What if he doesn't do that for me?
What if I'm still in the storm?
Will I still choose to believe?
#faith
#faithinthedark
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment