I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful...
2 Timothy 4:7 NLT
Sneaking in another sports verse while the olympics are everywhere... Paul reflects on his life like a sporting contest - an Olympic event - he kept going as hard as he could for the sake of the gospel, of God's kingdom for as long as he could...and at the end remained faithful.
That doesn't mean perfect, always got it right, never made a mistake...but used the resources and gifts he had to spread the gospel and encourage others...despite his physical disability, despite being in prison, beatings, shipwrecked... he remained faithful.
In our journey, whatever that looks like, will we finish well...and at the end remain faithful?
#fight
#run
#faithful
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment