Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Psalm 51:10 NIV
The word "create" is the same Hebrew word used in Genesis 1:1 where God created the heavens and the earth...from nothing... fresh... new... perfect... good.
How cool is that!
While in a legal sense I'm already made new, I know that this process of allowing God to chip away at the things that I hold onto, the things that bind me, the habits that hurt others, the things that need re-creating...that process needs to keep happening as I keep trying to line up with God...
While David was well aware of his sin this isn't a "woe is me" downer thing but a realisation that he needed to ask God to work on the not-so-good bits of his own heart...
#dearlyloved
#childrenofGod
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment