....I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation... I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:12-13 NIV
Often we see Phil 4v13 as a slogan, a motivational statement for sports teams or written on strapping tape on players...but the context of the verse is not about achievement out in the world, but about winning the battle in our minds - the battle for contentment - it started in Gen 3 when the seed of discontent was planted in Adam & Eve and we've succumbed to it ever since.
As young children none of us needed to be taught to want the things other kids ad...that discontent has been with us from the beginning
We need a constant infusion of God's truth & knowledge of his grace...
#forthewin
#itsabattle
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment