You do not delight
in sacrifice,
or I would bring it;
you do not take pleasure
in burnt offerings.
Psalm 51:16 NIV
Here he is in the middle of a sacrificial system and he says well... that's not what this is about.
It's like his church culture had missed the heart of God, what He was really about.
And it makes me wonder about my church culture...have we, have I, missed (at least some of) God's heart along the way...
Is it by "doing" that we think it earns us points or rewards or a "good" life?
Somehow deep down we think we can earn our salvation?
It's so easy to let the culture speak and miss Jesus.
I wonder this morning where I'm missing Jesus...
And is he missing some of my heart?
#psalms
#psalm51
#itsaheartthing
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment