He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.
James 1:17-18 NIV
Firstfruits.
Trials, perserverance, maturity, and our good, unchanging God.
Chosen.
And we end up here.
Some kind of firstfruits.
Deuteronomy 26 talks about firstfruits.
They come from cultivation. The work of someone's hands.
If we are a kind of firstfruits we are shaped, cultivated, by the word of truth.
God's Word
The person of Jesus
We don't read then God's word, look at Jesus life, death, resurrection, for information, but cultivation.
Problem is I don't want to be shaped or changed by someone else.
I'm selfish.
And stubborn.
Lord, let your word shape me, change me, make me fruit for your kingdom. Overwhelm my selfishness with your grace today.
Amen
#james
#james1
#firstfruits
#changedbygrace
#Godsgym
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment