Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.
James 1:22 NIV
As the year winds down I think back to times in2018 when I haven't done what the Word says...
I've listened, but how have I deceived myself?
"Go into the world..."
That doesn't mean me.
"Be kind."
But you don't know my life
"Make disciples"
We have a pastor for that
"Love one another"
Really?
"Bear One Another's burdens"
Surely that's for those gifted or "called".
"Blessed are the meek"
Not in my world!
James is just a blunt guy.
Listen.
Don't kid yourself that the Word is not for you.
Jist live it.
I wonder how different 2018 would've been if I'd just done that?
#ouch
#Godsgym
#james
#james1
#theWordjustliveit
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment