Friday! Proverbs!
Why is there money in the hand of a fool to buy wisdom, when he has no common sense or even a heart for it?
Proverbs 17:16 AMP
Oh wow.
Isn't that true!
What happens if I put me in this proverb?
Well I'm the person who has the means to get wisdom, but not always the heart for it...
Where's my heart? Captured by the tinsel, the stuff, the easy, the quick fix, the quick win...the "when", the "if only"...the distractions, the lightweight.
The literal translation of this is;
"Why is there the purchase price in the hand of a fool..."
And we always think money.
God's wisdom is available to me without money. I don't have to buy it.
I just have to have the heart for it.
In this crazy time we call Christmas we might pray for survival, for peace...but for wisdom?
I just have to have the heart for it :)
#proverbs
#wisdom
#somethingtochewon
#haveaheartforwisdom
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment