Friday! Proverbs!
Be wise, my son, and bring joy to my heart; then I can answer anyone who treats me with contempt.
Proverbs 27:11 NIV
At one level this is straight forward...if u have kids you want them to make good choices in life as it reflects on the choices u make as parents.
And then we're all someone's child, so there's an element where we want our parents to be proud of us...
But what if this is God talking to us.
Make wise choices because that gives God joy!
Am I representing God's family well?
Does my life bring joy to God's heart, so that God isn't brought into contempt by the way I live?
The everyday choices to love people, to care, to be kind, patient, forgiving...this brings joy to God
#proverbs
#wisdom
#somethingtochewon
#represent
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment