Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.
James 1:12 NIV
I've always related this verse to the big things.
The Martin Luther King type trials, the missionary isolated from family and friends, the big spiritual battle...but...the more I've thought about this it's just as appropriate for the person who struggles quietly and daily with loneliness, or pain, or the small daily choices that we make to choose joy, to ignore the negative, the daily choice to look out for someone, to encourage someone even when there's nothing in return.
This is every bit as much of a trial...and a test...a test that leads to life
#thatstherealtest
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment