Skip to main content
...And I am certain that God,
who began the good work within you,
will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.
...you have a special place in my heart.
...I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding. 
For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until the day of Christ's return. 
May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation - the righteous character produced in your life by Jesus Christ...
Philippians 1:3-11 NLT
While Paul looked back and encouraged his people, he was also looking forward.
It's good to declare things in our lives that we want to change, to resolve to do something different. 
Paul starts with a declaration: our God is at work in you. 
So let Him keep working, 'cos it's a lifelong thing :)
Resolve to understand more of what really matters. Why?
So that our lives are pure and blameless. This requires God to be at work as Jesus makes us pure, that takes the blame, but we choose to live in and live out that gospel grace looking forward. It's about our choices. 
Perfect? No.
Heading in this direction. Yes.
And what is Paul after? 
Simply growth in our character. 
It's not what we do but who we are becoming.
More like Jesus.
May that be at the core of our resolve as we head into '21.
#resolvetobemorelikeJesus
#itsnotperfectionbutadirection
#gospelofgraceatwork

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Genesis 15.8-18.ESV But he said O Lord God , how am I to know that I shall possess it? ...When the sun had gone down and it was dark, behold, a smoking fire pot and a flaming torch passed between these pieces. On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram... March 15 was the last day we looked at Abram's story...he was questioning God and this is God's response...sacrifices and smoke and fire and a covenant...a promise... Isn't that what we crave for sometimes? God, if only you'd just show me smoke & fire, a burning bush a sign, miracle, healing...then all my questions would disappear...all my doubts would be gone... 2moro we'll see Abram's response but I think God values our faith in spite of our questions and doubts. That we choose Him anyway #faith
Psalm 42.1-11.nlt As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God... I thirst for God, the living God. When can I go and stand before him? O God my rock l cry, Why have you forgotten me? Why must I wander around in grief, oppressed by my enemies? Their taunts break my bones. They scoff, Where is this God of yours? Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again - my Savior and my God! That song "as the deer pants for the water..." seems almost nice, but it's not...it's part of a cry of anguish, of hurt, of despair...of God not giving an answer...yet...through all that...again and again he says I'll put my hope in God! #choose #hope #hopeunshaken