My fellow believers,
do not practice your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of partiality [toward people - show no favoritism, no prejudice, no snobbery].
James 2:1 AMP
Monday morning and it's back to the gym!
James is clear that this is about how we are living out our faith in Jesus.
Jesus crossed over all the social and ethnic barriers of his day.
He met with the (hated) tax collector.
He met with the (unclean) Samaritans
He met the (untouchable) leper
He talked with the kids, had someone look out for his Mum.
In Jesus kingdom, the social, ethnic, age, gender, social status, occupation, boundaries and labels that I so easily fall into the habit of using - they simply don't belong.
People have names.
I'm trying hard to remember names but the labels seem to stick so much easier.
"Jesus, help me to see people as you do.
Thanks.
Amen"
#james
#james2
#Godsgym
#nolabels
#lovepeople
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment