...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:11-13 NIV
I have often read v13 in isolation - I can do all things... - but the NIV links this to the verses above, about the secret of being content.
That secret is Christ.
Who strengthens me.
He is the secret that is the source of contentment regardless of today's circumstances.
God in flesh
The Word
Forgiving
Restoring
Healing
On the cross
In my place, taking what should be mine.
And now advocating for me.
On my team
That love is what brings contentment regardless of my circumstances.
That love.
That person.
#sunday
#worship
#thisisourGod
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment