So Abram said to Lot,
"Let's not have any quarreling between you and me, or between your herders and mine, for we are close relatives.
Is not the whole land before you? Let's part company. If you go to the left, I'll go to the right; if you go to the right, I'll go to the left.
Genesis 13:8-9 NIV
Abram had all the rights here. He was the senior guy.
And what does he choose to do? To maximise the value of his business by taking the best land?
Exercise his authority and power by choosing first?
No, he says there's plenty here for everyone having it all, having the best is less important to me, showing grace, being generous is more important...
How come?
The day before he'd been to church to worship God.
When we do that it should change us.
Change our priorities, our attitudes towards money, business, people, relationships.
Will we let Him do that today?
#sunday
#worhsip
#worshipchangesus
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment