After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision: "Fear not, Abram, I am your shield; your reward shall be very great."
But Abram said, "O Lord God, what will you give me, for I continue childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?"
Genesis 15:1-2 ESV
Abe had just had a successful hostage recovery mission, & knew God was with him.
And God says Fear Not
I'm your shield.
I'm beyond military might & I'm on your team.
And Abe says But what about an heir? How are you going to work this out?
I can't see how.
I'm getting really old...and it's all going to Eliezer.
But.
What's our But with God?
I know you're good but...
I know you can heal but...
I seem to be stuck with a second rate outcome.
An Eliezer.
But.
Abe doesn't know how this ends, doesn't know if this is the end. Just like us.
What is it that we "But God" about?
Do we still trust him to be our shield regardless of how things are?
#lifesajourney
#trust
#faith
#faithinthedark
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment