Now Thomas... was not with the disciples when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him,
"We have seen the Lord!" But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe."
John 20:24-25 NIV
Yesterday at church I met a couple of people who only came at Christmas & Easter.
"I've got my own beliefs"
Just like Thomas, they want god on their terms and preferred a god of their own making...
On Sunday I have no doubts. But sometimes on Monday there's a bit of Thomas in me...
On Monday work, study, relationships, health, hurts, loss...life really, kicks off again.
And we get to choose just like Thomas to demand God on our terms, or to embrace Him and believe on His
#believe
#faith
#faithonmonday
#easter
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment