Friday! Proverbs!
Whoever disregards discipline comes to poverty and shame, but whoever heeds correction is honored.
Proverbs 13:18 NIV
What a great proverb for parents wanting to get their kids to do the right thing...
But what about us?
Its the proud who think they know it all, & its the humble that take direction, listen to others who speak into their lives.
Am I that person?
Do I listen?
And what about Jesus? Can we see him in this?
Jesus humbled himself to the Fathers will, & He took the ultimate correction, separation from God, bore the discipline that was meant for us, and is now the one who is honoured...
#proverbs
#wisdom
#somethingtochewon
#humble
#easter
#Jesusatthecentre
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment