Again Jesus said,
"Simon son of John, do you love me?"
He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you."
Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep."
John 21:16 NIV
Do you love me?
That's not a question we would ask unless we were really concerned about our relationship... that someones actions indicated that they didn't...
Do you love me?
Would Jesus have call to ask that question of me today?
He asked Peter 3 times, reflecting it seems the 3 times Peter denied knowing Jesus... how many times would he be asking me?
How many times have I not stood up for what I believed... compromised like Peter because it was safer... was afraid of what others would think of me...
Jesus is not accusing, but is gentle here... do you love me?
And the unspoken heart behind the question is:
"I love you"
More than anything.
#wordsofJesus
#dearlyloved
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment