What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ
Philippians 3:8 NIV
The first part of this verse is the language of a business deal.
"... everything a loss..."
This is like someone who's made a bad business deal, or bought a car and it's turned out to be a lemon... it's a loss. No value.
Because of the uncountable worth of knowing Jesus makes the things he'd invested his life in not as valuable as he'd thought.
He'd had a perspective change.
Their value hadn't changed to anyone else, or to the world around him, but to Paul, they had.
Do I see knowing Jesus in the same way?
Is knowing Him the ultimate good that I hold in my heart?
#belikePaul
#loveGod
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment