Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on...
Philippians 3:13-15 NIV
So what is the "it" he hasn't taken hold of fully?
That seems to be this fullness of life in Christ that he talks about in the earlier verses.
Our pastor Paul is giving us some breathing room here. Don't beat yourself up if your life does not match some idealised view of what a Christian should be like.
It's OK to be you.
It's OK to be where you are on your journey.
None of us have "made it".
Not even Paul, an apostle with the most dramatic conversion story ever, with years of Bible training, he's not "there".
And he's telling his church, and us, that's OK.
It's OK to be you.
It's OK to be where you are.
What's important now thought is the direction you and I are heading in...no matter what the storm, the danger, the pressure, the joys, the fear, the victories, the hurt, keep heading towards...
#jesusatthecentre
#presson
#hopeiscoming
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment