And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death - even death on a cross!
Philippians 2:8 NIV
Humility Level 3
Death on a cross.
Not only was this a painful and slow way to die, it was humiliating and public - a form of terrorism - a close modern equivalent is the murder of people by drug cartels in Mexico - with bodies left outside schools and public places...sending a message of who's in control here.
The Author of Life submitted to the worst of deaths...the Creator submitting to his creation.
Humility Level 3.
Go back to verse 5, just to make this worse (if that seems possible) and WE are called to have the same mindset in OUR relationships with others!
Love others to Level 3.
I think that's called a stretch goal as I scratch away at Level 1.
It's easy to say "love like Jesus", but this is what it means.
Level 3.
#thisislove
#dearlyloved
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment