Friday! Proverbs!
The Lord detests all the proud of heart. Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished.
Proverbs 16:5 NIV
Oh wow. Harsh.
Jesus was harsh on the Pharisees for the same thing...for thinking their own righteousness could save them...
When I keep all the rules, when my behaviour is impeccable, I can't help but think I'm just a wee bit better than the person who doesn't, and then I'm judging everyone... that is the heart that God detests.
The antidote is the cross.
It's there that we know we're in this together, sinners saved by grace, that it took the only one who is sinless, the only one who is spotless, to make a way...to be the way.
It's there that my heart is humbled, and it's pride is shattered by the weight of Love
#inthistogether
#theweightoflove
#proverbs
#wisdom
#somethingtochewon
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment