Moreover...when I was appointed to be their governor in the land of Judah...neither I nor my brothers ate the food allotted to the governor. But the earlier governors...placed a heavy burden on the people... But out of reverence for God I did not act like that.
Nehemiah 5:14-15 NIV
Nehe didn't take his salary. Even tho he was entitled to it.
He'd already recognised that he had poorer & wealthier people in his team, and while God's rules helped ensure that they weren't exploited, he went further.
Reading this chapter makes me uneasy about some aspects of our society, but Nehe is entirely consistent with Jesus and NT thinking...it's not about rules & "you must", but how you and I choose to live and operate and represent God and His values and love for people wherever we are.
The responses we make.
The leadership we show
The way we choose to serve God and his people.
#choose
#loveGod
#lovepeople
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment