When my life was ebbing away, I remembered you, Lord...Those who cling to worthless idols turn away from God's love for them. But I, with shouts of grateful praise, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. I will say, Salvation comes from the Lord
Jonah 2:7-9 NIV
CH Spurgeon said
"To trust God in the light is nothing, but trust him in the dark - that is faith"
Jonah trusted in the dark.
Not only that, but he had some kind of epiphany about the useless things that seemed so important, that distracted and dragged him away from God's love.
In the dark, he gave those up and refocused his life on God... repurposed what remained...(he didn't know he was soon heading back to the light...)
#lessonsfromJonah
#faithinthedark
#whataremyidols
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment