Don't eavesdrop on others - you may hear your servant curse you. For you know how often you yourself have cursed others.
Ecclesiastes 7:21-22 NLT
We get so righteous and indignant when we hear what others say about us... their version of events is not ours, it's just not true... how dare they...
But.
Wisdom says I haven't always been fair when I've talked about others... I've stretched things to make me or my position look (even just a little) better... & so it is with the overheard conversation, the second hand report...
So don't take everything you hear to heart.
Don't take those comments others make too seriously.
(Unless there's enough truth to point to something we should address, but more often...let it go)
Jesus knew what others were saying about him, and in the ultimate act, died for them anyway...
#gatherwisdom
#somethingtochewon
#grace
#forgiven
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment