Skip to main content
Sunday Psalms;

I waited patiently for the Lord to help me,
and he turned to me 
and heard my cry. 
He lifted me out of the pit of despair, 
out of the mud 
and the mire. 
He set my feet on solid ground 
and steadied me 
as I walked along. 
He has given me a new song to sing, 
a hymn of praise to our God...
Psalms 40:1-3 NLT

We don't like waiting. Or is it just me?
Waiting in queues.
Waiting for my laptop to startup.
Saving, waiting to buy something.
It's like our culture is telling us there's something bad about waiting.
Waiting on God.
Somehow David found a way to wait for God. 
To trust Him enough to be patient.
Where was David?
In a place where the ground didn't feel solid. A place where there's uncertainty.
He felt stuck. 
In mud. 
In a pit of despair.
Stuck in a place that he didn't want to be, didn't ask for, and it's awful. 
And he's crying out.
Crying for help.
To God, who it seemed had turned away.
If some or all of those places are familiar to you then you're not alone. 
David knows God well enough to know that He;
Turns
Listens
Lifts 
Steadies
Gives
Gives a new song. 
A new song is by definition something we haven't experienced before, a different melody, a different sound. 
When I'm in despair I just want something restored, back to how it was, but this psalm is about experiencing (becoming) something new...and it takes waiting...
#sunday
#psalms 
#redemptivestrands #hopeishere
#singanewsong #weareBeloved 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Genesis 15.8-18.ESV But he said O Lord God , how am I to know that I shall possess it? ...When the sun had gone down and it was dark, behold, a smoking fire pot and a flaming torch passed between these pieces. On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram... March 15 was the last day we looked at Abram's story...he was questioning God and this is God's response...sacrifices and smoke and fire and a covenant...a promise... Isn't that what we crave for sometimes? God, if only you'd just show me smoke & fire, a burning bush a sign, miracle, healing...then all my questions would disappear...all my doubts would be gone... 2moro we'll see Abram's response but I think God values our faith in spite of our questions and doubts. That we choose Him anyway #faith
Psalm 42.1-11.nlt As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God... I thirst for God, the living God. When can I go and stand before him? O God my rock l cry, Why have you forgotten me? Why must I wander around in grief, oppressed by my enemies? Their taunts break my bones. They scoff, Where is this God of yours? Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again - my Savior and my God! That song "as the deer pants for the water..." seems almost nice, but it's not...it's part of a cry of anguish, of hurt, of despair...of God not giving an answer...yet...through all that...again and again he says I'll put my hope in God! #choose #hope #hopeunshaken