Skip to main content
Owe nothing to anyone - except for your obligation to love one another. 
If you love your neighbor, 
you will fulfill the requirements of God's law. 
For the commandments say, 
"You must not commit adultery. 
You must not murder. You must not steal. 
You must not covet." These - and other such commandments - are summed up in this one commandment: 
"Love your neighbor as yourself."
Love does no wrong to others, 
so love fulfills the requirements of God's law.
Romans 13:8-10 NLT

If we want a simple guide to our choices, our actions, our way of being in the world, a one line summary of what being a Christian is, perhaps it's here, as Paul  ties in all that he has been talking about in his letter so far into this:

Love does no wrong to others, 
Love your neighbour as yourself.

As I step into this day, how can I make my choices, my responses, based on this:
Love does no wrong to others, 
Love your neighbour as yourself.

As I go about all the interactions with others:
Love does no wrong to others, 
Love your neighbour as yourself.

As my inner thoughts wander around in my brain:
Love does no wrong to others, 
Love your neighbour as yourself.

#letters
#lovepeople
#speaklife
#itsaheartthing 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Genesis 15.8-18.ESV But he said O Lord God , how am I to know that I shall possess it? ...When the sun had gone down and it was dark, behold, a smoking fire pot and a flaming torch passed between these pieces. On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram... March 15 was the last day we looked at Abram's story...he was questioning God and this is God's response...sacrifices and smoke and fire and a covenant...a promise... Isn't that what we crave for sometimes? God, if only you'd just show me smoke & fire, a burning bush a sign, miracle, healing...then all my questions would disappear...all my doubts would be gone... 2moro we'll see Abram's response but I think God values our faith in spite of our questions and doubts. That we choose Him anyway #faith
Psalm 42.1-11.nlt As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God... I thirst for God, the living God. When can I go and stand before him? O God my rock l cry, Why have you forgotten me? Why must I wander around in grief, oppressed by my enemies? Their taunts break my bones. They scoff, Where is this God of yours? Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again - my Savior and my God! That song "as the deer pants for the water..." seems almost nice, but it's not...it's part of a cry of anguish, of hurt, of despair...of God not giving an answer...yet...through all that...again and again he says I'll put my hope in God! #choose #hope #hopeunshaken