Skip to main content
But my enemies say nothing but evil about me. 
"How soon will he die and be forgotten?"
they ask. 
They visit me as if they were my friends, 
but all the while they gather gossip, 
and when they leave, they spread it everywhere. 
All who hate me whisper about me...

Even my best friend, 
the one I trusted completely, 
the one who shared my food, 
has turned against me. 

Lord, 
have mercy on me. Make me well again, 
so I can pay them back!
Psalms 41:5-10 NLT

This psalm was written 1000 years before Jesus, but from our place in history can you see Jesus in this poem?
Betrayed.
Gossiped about.
Lied about.
Rejected.
Betrayed even by those closest to him.
Jesus knows what all these things are like, how betrayal feels. 
It's impact.

The difference is in the last sentence - David wants to get well to get even, with Jesus it's all open arms, wanting to forgive, to give another opportunity, and that is how much we are loved.
The times I have betrayed, let down, rejected, doubted Jesus, yet he absorbs all that and wants nothing but to welcome me back.
To welcome you back.
Maybe this reminder is for you (or someone you know) today:
Jesus does not reject you, betray you, gossip about you, wish you I'll.
He Loves you.
Accepts you.
His arms are open. For you.
Beloved.
#psalms
#songs 
#weareBeloved 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Genesis 15.8-18.ESV But he said O Lord God , how am I to know that I shall possess it? ...When the sun had gone down and it was dark, behold, a smoking fire pot and a flaming torch passed between these pieces. On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram... March 15 was the last day we looked at Abram's story...he was questioning God and this is God's response...sacrifices and smoke and fire and a covenant...a promise... Isn't that what we crave for sometimes? God, if only you'd just show me smoke & fire, a burning bush a sign, miracle, healing...then all my questions would disappear...all my doubts would be gone... 2moro we'll see Abram's response but I think God values our faith in spite of our questions and doubts. That we choose Him anyway #faith
Psalm 42.1-11.nlt As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God... I thirst for God, the living God. When can I go and stand before him? O God my rock l cry, Why have you forgotten me? Why must I wander around in grief, oppressed by my enemies? Their taunts break my bones. They scoff, Where is this God of yours? Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again - my Savior and my God! That song "as the deer pants for the water..." seems almost nice, but it's not...it's part of a cry of anguish, of hurt, of despair...of God not giving an answer...yet...through all that...again and again he says I'll put my hope in God! #choose #hope #hopeunshaken