Skip to main content
...let us lay aside every hindrance and the sin that so easily ensnares us. 

Let us run with endurance the race that lies before us, 

keeping our eyes on Jesus, 

the pioneer and perfecter of our faith. 

For the joy that lay before him, he endured the cross, 

despising the shame,

and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 

For consider him who endured such hostility from sinners against himself, 

so that you won't grow weary and give up.

Hebrews 12:1-3 CSB

When our strength seems small, when our hands drop, the writer to the Hebrews says look at Jesus, look to Jesus, and choose to stay in the "race". 
To run with endurance means cutting some things out, cutting things away that tangle us up and slow us down. 
And keep our eyes on Jesus.
Jesus the pioneer.
We choose to follow the pioneer.
Jesus the perfector of our faith, we choose to rest in what he has done.
Have you ever wondered what the "joy that lay before him" is that Jesus held as he went to the cross?
He held us, you and me, his church, in mind, in his heart. 
When the race was at its toughest, Jesus held us in his heart.
When the race is at its toughest, hold on to Jesus. 
#sunday
#worship
#thisisourGod

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Genesis 15.8-18.ESV But he said O Lord God , how am I to know that I shall possess it? ...When the sun had gone down and it was dark, behold, a smoking fire pot and a flaming torch passed between these pieces. On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram... March 15 was the last day we looked at Abram's story...he was questioning God and this is God's response...sacrifices and smoke and fire and a covenant...a promise... Isn't that what we crave for sometimes? God, if only you'd just show me smoke & fire, a burning bush a sign, miracle, healing...then all my questions would disappear...all my doubts would be gone... 2moro we'll see Abram's response but I think God values our faith in spite of our questions and doubts. That we choose Him anyway #faith
Psalm 42.1-11.nlt As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God... I thirst for God, the living God. When can I go and stand before him? O God my rock l cry, Why have you forgotten me? Why must I wander around in grief, oppressed by my enemies? Their taunts break my bones. They scoff, Where is this God of yours? Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again - my Savior and my God! That song "as the deer pants for the water..." seems almost nice, but it's not...it's part of a cry of anguish, of hurt, of despair...of God not giving an answer...yet...through all that...again and again he says I'll put my hope in God! #choose #hope #hopeunshaken