If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all...
James 1:5-6 NIV
But I want a carpark, a job, a husband/wife, a pass , success in ________...
I want this "trial" to end.
Just pull me out.
But James, after talking to us about trials, about perserverance, growing in maturity, connects it with wisdom.
Maybe it's in the trial that we figure out that we need God's wisdom.
That the wisdom of the world often contains some truth, some goodness, if it excludes the Creator, excludes the Big Story, excludes our image bearing status, then it's never going to be True and Good.
James says to ask for God's wisdom.
Whatever you face today, good, difficult, sad, joyful, celebratory, challenging... ask for Wisdom.
#james
#james1
#wisdom
#ask
#Godsgym
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment