Friday! Proverbs!
Kings detest wrongdoing, for a throne is established through righteousness.
Proverbs 16:12 NIV
Kings, those in power, in authority, they like everyone to follow their rules.
And on the other hand their throne, their authority, their moral authority, comes from righteousness.
Righteousness = justice, truth, integrity, honour etc
Sounds good so far!
Except that when we look at those with great power and authority around the world, they like the first part, but either skip, discard or perhaps never had the righteousness, justice, truth, integrity part... whether it's Kings, Presidents, or CEO's...or my boss...
It's what we long for, a world that actually operates on truth, justice, integrity...
If only.
And then there's me.
All of us have authority over someone at times in our lives. How do we use that?
How do I?
Am I known for truth, justice, integrity...is that the basis for my "throne"?
#proverbs
#wisdom
#somethingtochewon
#righteousness
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment