For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in him, but also to suffer for him, since you are going through the same struggle you saw I had, and now hear that I still have.
Philippians 1:29-30 NIV
Believe.
Suffer
Struggle
Those last two words are not the most popular...Paul was the only one in prison, so their shared struggle must've meant something other than going to jail...putting our faith in Jesus will not make us popular.
There will be those who passively oppose us, and there will be some who actively oppose us, so don't be surprised...
But there's also the battle within. The battle against what I want, my selfishness, as I am shaped a little more to live like, to love like Jesus, the opposition is within my own heart...
That's why we need one another as we walk each other home...
#faith
#hope
#love
#walkingeachotherhome
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment