Later that night, the boat was in the middle of the lake, and he was alone on land. He saw the disciples straining at the oars, because the wind was against them. Shortly before dawn he went out to them...
Mark 6:47-48 NIV
The disciples...for all their failings and shortcomings, when they were in the storm, in the dark, they kept heading in the direction that Jesus sent them...
My first call on God when under real pressure, testing, struggle, is for Him to fix it, to calm the storm, to get me out, to make it all better... James 1v3 says that perserveance leads to maturity... I want that too...so...the way to maturity is via testing, struggles, things that require perserveance... so...maybe as James says (Ch 1v2) that I should welcome testing??
#storms
#stormsoflife
#stormsarewelcome
#youcantbeserious
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment