But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy...
Titus 3:4-5 NIV
I like to think that my goodness saves me...but if it did, I'd never be able to be sure how good is good enough, and what would happen if I slip up and do something wrong, say something...think something...
How would I be sure I was good enough?
So good that it's not us. Not what we do, have done, will do that saves us, but what Jesus did.
He lived the life we couldn't live, and died in our place. It's His Righteousness, His Goodness that saves.
And so we're free!
Free to live!
Free to live in the light of the salvation that's been won for us!
#dearlyloved
#saved
#free
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment