Then the Lord said to Joshua,
"Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged..."
Joshua 8:1 NIV
Why did Josh need to hear this?
In Ch 7 Achan had let him down - one of his team disobeyed God - and paid the consequences...
The very next thing God says to Joshua is not to be afraid or discouraged.
People will let us down.
They make poor choices and sometimes the consequences are massive...impacting families and generations... but if this is your experience then perhaps what God says to Josh applies.
Don't be afraid. I'm still here. I'm still constant and rock solid even when people aren't.
Don't be discouraged. Yes it hurts, but don't chuck in your faith in Me over this. I'm gonna walk with you today and for all days...
#nofear
#faith
#faithinthedark
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment