Friday! Proverbs!
Those who control their tongue will have a long life; opening your mouth can ruin everything.
Proverbs 13:3 NLT
Looking back on 2016, it's the words I've said that have caused the most damage to others...
In the NT James 1:19 reiterates this... be quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to become angry...
How often have I not taken the time to listen well...been distracted by some digital device, my own thoughts & desire to speak... to give answers.
In 2017 I want to listen well.
Listen to words, & the heart beneath the words.
And in the listening, maybe I'll speak less & that's OK :)
#proverbs
#wisdom
#somethingtochewon
#beagreatlistener
#speaklife
#lovepeople
#2017
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment