Friday! Proverbs!
Fire tests the purity of silver and gold, but a person is tested by being praised.
Proverbs 27:21 NLT
Praise, a bit of fame, pinterest followers, FB likes...just like extreme heat tests gold, praise tests our character...
Wow.
But I like to be thanked, thought well of, words of encouragement are good aren't they?
The danger is when I start looking for the recognition, wondering where the thanks and praise is, checking for the "likes"...doing things so that I get the praise...
How am I handling being praised?
And when we are praising others maybe avoid the simple "You're Awesome" & connect our thanks or praise to what they did or said..."thanks for sharing your thoughts on...it encouraged me"
#proverbs
#wisdom
#somethingtochewon
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment