Skip to main content
Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God - this is your true and proper worship. 
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will.
...
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Romans 12:1-2, 21 NIV

Where can we overcome evil with good today?

Have you consdidered that overcoming evil with good is worship?
That overcoming evil with good os transforming?
Transforming me?

Where can we overcome evil with good today?

Perhaps it is meeting a scowl with a smile, being grateful for the sunrise, choosing to purchase something ethically...
Perhaps it's something bigger...consdiering a shift in vocation, profession, giving...
Perhaps overcoming evil with good is choosing to rest. 
Choosing space.
Choosing to fast from something.
Perhaps it is forgiving, letting go, putting something down.
Maybe it's something outside us, or something inside...maybe forgiving ourselves, really accepting that grace of God that is so hard to accept...
Perhaps today it is grieving, and choosing to love at the same time...

Where can we overcome evil with good today?

#letters
#invitation
#transformation
#thisisworship 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Genesis 15.8-18.ESV But he said O Lord God , how am I to know that I shall possess it? ...When the sun had gone down and it was dark, behold, a smoking fire pot and a flaming torch passed between these pieces. On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram... March 15 was the last day we looked at Abram's story...he was questioning God and this is God's response...sacrifices and smoke and fire and a covenant...a promise... Isn't that what we crave for sometimes? God, if only you'd just show me smoke & fire, a burning bush a sign, miracle, healing...then all my questions would disappear...all my doubts would be gone... 2moro we'll see Abram's response but I think God values our faith in spite of our questions and doubts. That we choose Him anyway #faith
Psalm 42.1-11.nlt As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God... I thirst for God, the living God. When can I go and stand before him? O God my rock l cry, Why have you forgotten me? Why must I wander around in grief, oppressed by my enemies? Their taunts break my bones. They scoff, Where is this God of yours? Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again - my Savior and my God! That song "as the deer pants for the water..." seems almost nice, but it's not...it's part of a cry of anguish, of hurt, of despair...of God not giving an answer...yet...through all that...again and again he says I'll put my hope in God! #choose #hope #hopeunshaken